Well it has been a long time since we have updated our blog but we have been very busy these past few weeks. We finally sold our house!!! So we have been doing all those things that go along with selling your house. Yes it has been crazy!! I'll try to make a long story short....Jason's Grandad Sheider past away on July 26th from cancer. We were able to go up to South Carolina the weekend before he passed away to see him one last time. We went back up for his funeral a week later. On the way home we received the phone call from our realtor letting us know we had an offer on the house. We were in complete shock! The offer was low so after a few days of going back and forth with the price we came to an agreement with the buyer. It is a scary time selling the only home you have known. Jason and I had this house built when we were getting married...10 years ago. Anyways so after the initial shock that we truly had sold our house I began packing and packing and packing!!! Since we had to close in 3 weeks if I wasn't packing I was looking at houses with our realtor. We figured we could weed out the bad ones since Jason was working and then we could just show the possible ones to him (which weren't very many). There are a lot of yucky houses for sale. Now I know why our realtor said our house showed like a model, I thought she was just saying that to be nice but now I know she truly meant it!! The offer we had on the first house didn't work. In St. Johns county a lot of the newer neighborhoods have CDD fees which are loans that were taken out to build up the neighborhood but the homeowners have to pay these loans off. The first house we made an offer on the CDD fees were $2500 a year...crazy!!! So we found another great neighborhood w/o CDD fees so we could offer more on the house. It is a quick sale but that does not mean it's quick!! We have to wait up to a month to hear back if the bank will accept our offer. So in the mean time my lovely parents are willing to let us live with them. Our move was right during Tropical Storm Faye so that was a fun and very wet time!! I was a wreck the day we signed the papers I didn't think I would be that bad but I am really bad with change and this was HUGE change..we loved our house we just wanted to be closer to where Jason works and for the St. Johns county schools. I have to say it was really hard on Cody too. We had to make him leave our house for the last time, he was breaking my heart. He is such a sentimental guy!! Now with all of our stuff in storage, living with my parents, Cody in a new school, being in a new ward, Avery starting preschool for the 1st time, not knowing where we are going to live, Cody starting baseball at JCAA we are trying to get back to the routine of things???? We are grateful we sold our house and for both of our parents help in the process, we really just want to know if that will be our house or not. The waiting is hard. Sorry this was so long I guess that is why I have been putting it off...but this really was the short version!!! Keep praying for us so we aren't homeless for too long.......
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I know how you feel about change. I had a hard time moving a couple of years ago. Ryan is so used to it but I pretty much grew up in the same house since I was 2, until I got married. I don't do well with the whole moving thing. Good Luck.
We will keep you guys in our prayers. I am very glad you guys sold your house, I know you had been trying to get it ready for so long now. Any how the wait will make it so much more worth it when you get your house. HAng in there it will be over soon.
I am sure it was tough to move, but I know that it will all be worth it in the end. You guys are really lucky to have your mom and dad to lean on (and stay with)! Good luck on the new house and let me know when you get all settled so Jon and I can come see you guys.
Hang in there! Hopefully you will be in your new house soon! Hope Cody is doing well. Change is very hard especially for kids. It is kind of exciting finding a new place and figuring out where you are going to put your things. At least that is what I tell myself so I can get through moving. ;)
Congrats on selling the house, I know how it feels to have a house that you can't sell. I know you have the daunting task of finding a new home, but at least you don't have that monkey on your back. Good luck with the house hunting, I can't wait to see pictures!
Post a Comment