Sunday, July 13, 2008

Boogie Boarding





Recently Cody and Avery have taken up boogie boarding. This is their new favorite thing to do. Cody got a boogie board and skim board for his birthday and of course I had to go out and get Avery one also. We have become good friends with a family from baseball which lives on the beach or I guess I should say really close to the beach (just a golf cart ride away). Their boys have been teaching Cody how to surf and boogie board the last couple of weeks. They have a little girl also which Avery loves to play with. So we have gone to beach with them a few times and now my children are addicted to the beach. I always forget my camera but last night after dinner we headed out to the beach because Cody heard there were big waves and I was able to get a few pictures of them playing. Oh yea I also had to purchase rash guards for them to wear b/c Jack, Cade, Lucas and Ava wear them also. Cody has been asking for surf lessons since last year so maybe next summer we will have to do that????

2 comments:

Shumaker said...

Your kids are the cutest. Well it looks like they are having a blast on the body boards. It is my kids favorite thing to go to the beach and do as well. We have not tried the skim boards but soon enough. I am not wanting broken bones.

The Brasiels said...

so glad the boogie boards a big hit :) I know isn't Hailie so funny...i really am starting to get worried..lol We are so excited for next month...the hotel thing worked out good, i'll have to give you the details over the weekend :)