Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wow the BIG 10.......





Yes, Jason and I have been married for 10yrs as of May 23rd! It really doesn't seem that long until you start thinking about everything you have done in those 10 years. Jason has been begging me to go off somewhere with him and I always told him on our 10 year anniversary I will be OK with leaving the kids......wow 10 years go fast!!! But I did it. We have Disney passes so figured we could go down to Orland0 and enjoy some R&R together. And that we did, we stayed at a nice hotel at downtown Disney. We enjoyed our anniversary day by laying out by the pool drinking a pina colada (virgin of course) then that night we went over to the Polynesian Hotel and enjoyed a Hawaiian Luau!! The food was yummy and the show was so fun, our table was right in front so we had great seats. We also went to some of the parks and did the rides we don't normally get to do with the kids. Jason and I had such a good time together. I have to admit it was a little hard for me to leave the kids but I knew they were in good hands with my parents. My mom and I hang out all the time so she is good about trying to keep them on the same schedule and doing the things I normally do, so that helps!! Avery was fine without us but I can't say the same for Cody. He didn't sleep good and ended up getting a cold. Every time I talked to him I could tell he was missing us even though he never said it. My mom said when he would get off the phone his eyes would be watery. Poor guy! We have never left him over 1 night and he is almost 8 years old, it was hard on him too! By Saturday Jason and I were ready to come home too!! Jason was going to get my mom to bring them down for us on the last night but instead we got up early Sunday and headed home....I have to admit I was up at 5:30am and ready in no time, Jason said I have never seen you get ready that fast.....hey I missed my kids! Anyways we had great time and I am glad we got to go enjoy some time just the 2 of us, you need it every now and then!!! Happy Anniversary Jason and here's to eternity together!!!!!

4 comments:

The Brasiels said...

cute pics!! Glad you guys had a great time...you needed it!!

Amber said...

Big step for you! But it's awesome that you got to spend only time together. I miss Cody's big heart. He is such a great guy.

Shumaker said...

Well it looks like you guys had a good time and your kids survived with out you for a couple of days.

Kara and Theo said...

I always thought we would do something great and away from the kids for our big 10, but now I realize our big thing is going to be a new transfer. Whoopee. I miss being that close to Disney World, I'm glad you guys had so much fun and congrats on the 10 and many blessings for the 50+ left to go on this earth! =D