Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Family Vacation
Well we finally got to take a little vacation this summer. Baseball was over and it was the week before football and cheerleading started. We went and stayed at a KOA Kamping Kabin in Charleston, SC and visited some of the historical sites. We got to combine a little camping with some touristy things. The best thing was just getting away and spending time together. The kids had fun doing everything even just feeding the fish on the dock by the cabin, they were very easy to please!! We visited the USS Yorktown, Ft. Sumter, ate a Gilligan's which is yummy seafood, went to the beach, cooked a few meals at the cabin (including s'mores of course), shopped on Market St, visited Jason's Granny and took a ghost tour. It was short as all vacations are but it was something different from Disney, which is our usual destination. Now it is football and cheerleading practice every day except Wed and Sunday. Cody has to get in 10 hours of conditioning wearing just the helmet and mouthpiece before they get in all pads which is supposed to be this Saturday. He is really excited about that! Avery is a cutie with her practice uniform on with her backpack and pom poms. She starts her actual practice on Saturday...fun times!!! I'll post some pics with their uniforms on when they get them.
Posted by Jason and Charlotte at 3:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
How fun. I love Charleston! I am glad you guys were able to get away. I hope you are coming to visit in April with Kim and Jon. It will be a lot of fun.
Glad you guys had such a good time. Charleston is so great and I love ya'lls little cabin...it is so cute.
Looks like so much fun! I didn't even know until recently how great those KOA cabin were!
Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Charleston is such a great vacation spot! Can't wait to see the football and cheerleading pics.
What a nice family getaway. Sounds like you all needed it especially with your football/cheerleading schedules coming up! Yikes! :)
Sounds like fun! Sounds like your kids will have a great time this fall too! :) We miss you!
Post a Comment