Monday, June 29, 2009

Dale Murphy -My Hero





Here is Jason with his childhood HERO! One day we had just eaten at Moe's and Cody had gotten a Suns baseball schedule from the counter. We were on our way home and I was looking at all the schedule of games. As soon as I saw Dale Murphy night I was like oh my gosh Jason is going to freak! I told him he better have this day off because he was going to need to take a vacation day if not. Luckily he was off! So I told him the good news and he immediately got nervous wondering what he would say when he got the chance to meet him. He was like a little kid. Cody told him just say "I am your biggest fan!" So for the next few weeks Jason would be caught in deep thought thinking of the perfect words to say and were he would get him to sign his Atlanta Braves jersey. Then finally the day came and he was so excited. We stood in line for at least an hour. Jason was so nervous but extremely excited. It was funny watching Cody see his dad so giddy over a baseball player. So once Jason got to the counter as Dale Murphy signed his jersey and Cody's glove and Avery's picture Jason proudly says "Thank you for being my favorite baseball player ever!" Dale responded with "your welcome" And as simple as that Jason got to not only see his favorite baseball player of all time he also got to thank him. From the pics you can see how exciting this day was for him and me and the kids too!

1 comments:

Paula said...

This may sound weird, but the Dale Murphy post made me sad. My grandma was a HUGE Murphy fan. Lots of memories of her yelling at him on the tv to play better. Wish I would have known, I would have gone to get his autograph in memory of her. :) Glad Jason got to go and enjoy the experience.